Monday, February 1, 2010

"Positive! So There!"

Alarm went off. And again. And again. And then Libby got out of bed, begrudgingly going to shower. It was a late night yesterday... well, not really late, but late by our standards, so we only got a little less than 6 hours of sleep. I was lucky enough to get to sleep for another twenty minutes or so, so I happily rolled over and started snoozing again.

Next thing I know, a dripping wet wife strides quickly into the room, no attempts made at being quiet, and triumphantly exclaims, "Positive! So there!" And that's how the adventure began.

You see, we just started trying to get pregnant. This was the first month, in fact, and Libby had eagerly already taken two pregnancy tests, even though it was just now about the time we were expecting her period. Both tests had been negative. She was convinced, though, that she was pregnant. I was a little less convinced, if nothing else, at least to temper enthusiasm until we had some actual evidence.

Libby was right, though, and she certainly let me know as she stormed into the room, dripping wet, gleefully giving me a kiss as I struggled to be awake enough to know what was going on. Even in my sleepy state, though, I could see the pure joy on her face.

1 comment:

  1. one of the happiest things i've read in a long long time. =)

    ReplyDelete